(Best Practices of 2016-17)
(Best Practices 2017-18):
1. Tree Plantation: Regular Tree Plantation inside and outside the campus is our best Practices which we are following through NSS wings of the college. The process has been stated in the rainy season every year. As per NAAC Guidelines of 2016 (During 1st Cycle Visit), college authority is trying to replace the Eucaliptus Tree to the fruits and others flowers or long-and-solid guard based tree plantation inside the campus.
2. Organization of Academic Programs: Regular organisation of National/International/State level Seminar, Workshop an Conferences by various departments is our another Best Practices. Throughout this programs, students, teachers and resource persons are engaged in discussion on various topic to enrich their knowledge.
Best Practices (2018-19):
1. NSS-Community Service: Two units of or NSS of KMMM (with 50 students in each unit) wings regularly take part in Community Services. College has adopted 2 villages (Rangiladih and Gopalchowk) where NSS run Adult Education, Cleanliness. Volunteers of NSS keep the college campus clean. KMMM-NSS wings always doing social service i.e. fund collection for the relief, Kanyashree awareness etc. and also organize AIDS awareness workshop with the two active and dynamic Leadership from Coordinators..
2. Scholarship for Students: College is trying to waive tuition fees for outstanding achievement and provide scholarships in the names of Maharaja Shankari Prasad Sing Deo and Sampat Roy. College also regularly helps the promising and aspiring sportsperson by providing them with sport-equipment. College provides football boots to all the team members in the academic year 2018-19. Freeship (Ful Free and Half-Free) helps poor and meritorious students to continu their studies.
3. Important Days: Various wings of the College (NSS Unit, Cultural Sub-Committee, Teachers' Council, IQAC, Women Cell, etc.) observe important days of national importances. College also observe local festivals like Vadu, Bandhna, Akhyan, Hool Divas and Manasa Puja. Students Union and KMMM Alumni are also organize cultural activities and competitions in regular basis. College gives prizes certificates to first, second, and third position holders in the competition.
Best Practices (2019-20):
1. Digital Inclusion: The Academic Session 2019-2020 is partly affected with the Corona pandemic. In West Bengal, all academic institutions have been closed since 16.03.2020. This session was stated with offline classes as usual but during the mid-term of the Even Semester (January to June), students, parents, non-teaching staffs, administrators and even teachers (all those who directly or indirectly involved with college teaching) were in dilemma that how to carry forward the academic activities. It was the effort of entire Kashipur M. M. Mahavidyalaya family that the College has been using digital platform for daily classes, attendance, examinations, evaluation and other aspects of academics. Study materials have been shared through College website, via mails, and also by creating WhatsApp group. Online classes has been taken through Zoom, Google Meet, Webex and other apps also. This is the most important academic practice of the College in this academic session.
2. Mentor-Mentee Program: IQAC has taken the initiatives of organizing Mentor-Mentee Programs for every departments through online mode. Students have presented their papers on various topic included into their syllabus in the presence of other students and teachers. Teachers as mentors discussed on the presentation of the student and students as Mentee take notes on that for their future learning of the subjects. Through this process, IQAC has been trying to improve the skills of the students as future responsible citizen of India who can talk on various issues and ask for their demand. Also through this process, they can learn to face the challenges and known to answer the questions during any kind of presentation.
3. COVID Help Desk: To fight with the Corona outbreak, college has been taken the initiatives to construct a COVID Help Desk with local Teachers and Non-teaching Staffs of the college. This team has been working for the two adopted villages of the college, Rangiladih and Gopalchowk with the help of two NSS wings of this college. Four rooms of the college have been allotted for the migrated labour of Kashipur and surrounding areas as per consultation with Kashipur Panchayat Samity and Kashipur Police Station. Rooms have been disinfected with sanitizers by the local administration before and after the process. For any kind of help for medical facilities (e.g. admission to the Hospital, supply of medicines, supply of oxygen, thermo-guns or temperature recording, oxymeters, sanitizers etc.) this Help Desk worked for the betterment of the society. Teachers and NTS of the college have opened their contact numbers to the local public for any kind of help for twenty-four hours to overcome from this pandemic situation.
4. KMMM Relief Fund: A relief fund has been created with one day salary of the staffs of the college for helping the COVID affected people of surrounding areas of the college. A door to door survey had been conducted in the said two villages and prepared a list of requirements of the villagers. Foods, educational requirements, recharging for mobile to participate in online classes etc have been supplied for two separate months. NSS Unit I and NSS Unit II have been taken major initiatives to distribute these daily requirements to the villagers.
Best Practices (2020-2021):
1. COVID Help Desk: The College authority has formed a COVID Help Desk with 13 member consisting teahcers and non-teaching staffs from the locality. This team is created to help the staffs of the college and the local people seeking any kind of help the need for corona outbreak.
2. KMMM Relief Fund: IQAC of the college has taken the initiative to create afund from one day salary of the staffs (willing) and named it KMMM Relief Fund. From this fund, members of COVID Help Desk with the help of NSS Units of the college, distributed basic foods and medical facilities to the local people during lockdown period.
3. Mentor-Mentee Program: Departments have organized 08 (eight) mentor-Mentee program for the students during this academic session. Economics (02), Sociology (02), Geography (02), Bengali (01) and History (01) departments organized Mentor-Mentee Programs which help students to prepare for online presentation skill and enrich their knowledge from the discussion.
4. Webinar / Special Lecture: 36 Webinars and 57 Special Lectures have been organized during 2020-21 session for the students and teachers of the college. These programs improved the learning-by-doing knowledge in varios topics related to UG syllabus of the university.